Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 15, 2007
A Cloudy Day
Frustrating, too, as in every time I thought I could accomplish something, something else came up to stop it.

However, Willow did get to chase Mr. Upside-down Squirrel three times today. She seems to be limping occasionally on her right foreleg, but it's variable. When we went out at lunchtime, her stride seemed fine and we did the entire walk. And she seems fine when running for food is involved!

Little Miss will be nine on Saturday, so it may be a touch of arthritis.

I finally got Pidgie to "swim" a little this afternoon. When I let him sip from my glass he always fluffs up like he wants to take a swim in my glass. (Merlin used to do that; it was...disconcerting. The first time he did it he jumped in a full glass of water and I had to pull him out by his tail. He emerged sputtering and wet...and angry at me because I'd interrupted his dunk!) But usually when I put water in a bowl, he's afraid to get in it.

Today I got the very shallow pie plate that belongs to Mother's china and put a little water in that. Then I put "Girlfriend" in the middle of the dish. He squeaked and bobbed on the edge of the dish, fluffing up and opening his wings as if he wanted to jump in, but wouldn't chance it. Finally I put him on my hand and put the hand in the plate. He waddled down right into the water and got a bit of his chest and the edges of his wings wet, then decided that was enough. But it was cute while it lasted.

Rick Steves was in Poland, including at Auschwitz. Even on television the place has a chill on it.

High tomorrow only 58°F? Ahhhhh...

Labels: , ,