Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 08, 2007
Thursday Threesome

From the Help Files

::Looking for some Direction::

Onesome: Looking-- all around today: what landmark or scene do you look for each morning on the way to work or school or wherever? Is there something on the way you look forward to seeing? ...or do you have something that lets you know you're close and it's time to shift mental gears?

Right now the landmark is that dratted construction within half a mile of work, which means it takes me five minutes extra to get to my building due to the detour. The Koger office park is in the middle of a wetlands and between the entrance and my building is...er, was...a small bridge spanning a little creek. They have torn up the bridge. It's supposed to be finished by July, but knowing the DOT, I'll believe it when I see it.

My landmark several years ago used to be the big clock on the West Paces Ferry Medical Center, but it closed. It's been a while, but I still miss that clock; I used it to gauge if I were early or late.

Twosome: for-- your typical lunchtime what do you see? ...a cafeteria? ...classroom? ...office? ...home? ...the surf in Hawai'i?

My car. When I go into work I take a nap at lunchtime. By then I have a headache and my eyes hurt from the fluorescent lights. I usually take a short walk around and then go to the car and sleep. My eyes usually feel better afterwards and the headache is gone.

Threesome: some direction--? Okay, if you go out your front door, which direction are you facing? ...or do you use the front door? Hmmm...

Due west! It's very nice; we can go out on the porch and see a nice sunset, and the morning sun comes into the kitchen/dining room.

Labels: