Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 01, 2007
Thursday Threesome

Cookery? ...or Kookery?

::Slicing and dicing::

Onesome: Slicing-- your way through the fairways of life? Terrible metaphor, -eh? Do you have metaphor or simile that just drives you bonkers when you hear it?

Not that I recall. Some are kind of silly, but I use them myself. Like "sick as a dog." How sick is a dog? Since Willow can't talk, there's no way I can find out. :-)

Twosome: and-- on and on and on. What's the duration of your 'long' phone calls? You know, the ones where you just chat and chat and chat? Guys, you may be able to pull an exemption on this one...

Gosh, I used to talk up to a half hour a night with my mom. I supposed I'd talk that long to someone I hadn't heard from in a while. A lot of my friends have blogs or send e-mail. There's just no need to talk that long. The person I've talked with the longest is my friend Liz. She used to call once a year, so it took that long to do all the catching up.

Threesome: dicing-- up anything for the game this weekend? ...or are you taking advantage of the sales? ...or is it a case of "what game?"

What game?

Oh, that one. I think we're going to Chattanooga on Sunday, to go to A.C. Moore and the Books-a-Million there (maybe they have the magazine James is looking for) and the Hamilton Mall.

Now we have a "games night" on Saturday night, but I don't think anyone is interested in the bunch of us playing "Imaginiff" and "Cranium" and eating pizza. :-)

Labels: