Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Just Sigh...
This job really makes me want to bawl or scream or kick trash cans at times.

I have certain rules I must follow to process these orders, and certain documentation I must obtain from the people they are for. I don't ask them for these things because I get some vicarious thrill for making more work for them (it's more work for me, too, especially when I have to send reminder e-mails) or confusing them. I need it because it's required for the process.

And it really gets me down when they phone or send an e-mail demanding why they have to do such things, that they've never been asked to do such things, that no one's ever questioned having this person or that company do that job, ad infinitum.

I don't know about the other person who processed the order previously. All I know is what is required for me to properly do my job. When I turn a package in to my team lead it must have "this," "this," and "that," and "that" must be properly filled, too. If I don't have all the required items, it gets sent back. That's it and there's nothing I can do about it.

Labels: