Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, February 21, 2007
The Dust Ephermal
One of the craft projects I've been working on a little at the time is a project to re-add lines of glitter to six Christmas ornaments we brought home from my mom. These are elongated, with pointed ends. I was going to trash them because most of the glitter trim was gone, but James liked them, so I brought them home. Between other projects I had started restoring the glitter.

For the two blue ones I have some beautiful pale blue "fairy dust glitter" I found at JoAnn. I started on one of the blue ones yesterday. This isn't the stolid square glitter that one used to pick up in Woolworth's years ago, this is fine; it feels like beach sand. It's also that feathery. It doesn't stick to the thin line of Elmer's the way the old stuff used to, either. Used to be I could run a line and after a couple of hours it would be done. This takes forever to set. But the old glitter would have been too coarse.

I may have to stop work on it again to finish the "wish" ornament for the back yard. I'd planned to have it out there for March and it's getting close!

Labels: