Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, February 18, 2007
Delayed Memes
Thursday Threesome

Crockery?

::Cups and Saucers::

Onesome: Cups-- and quarts? Can you remember the conversions for cooking or do you have to look them up? ...or do you just use the old "this much plus a little" method?

We have two little charts that are taped up on the cupboard doors. One came from the Corning Revere outlet store and the other I bought from Yankee Magazine. They cover about everything. James basically cooks by instinct. We've had wonderful sauces that he can't duplicate because, like Topsy, they "just growed." One year we were just scraping by and the only thing we had left for supper one night was some leftover ham which was dried out. We had no glaze for it at all and no money to buy any. James concocted something out of two of those little containers of grape jelly they give you at the fast food place, some brown mustard, and a couple of other things. It was delicious.

Twosome: and-- how did Valentine's Day go? Do you have a chocolate hangover today <g>?

Didn't have much candy and haven't bought any half price. Probably should grab some for Atomicon, but haven't seen any deals.

Threesome: Saucers-- of milk for the kittens? A pint of ice cream for you? Who gets the last snack of the night at your place?

Pidge! I fill his food dish before bed and he always runs down and gets himself a snack.

Friday Five

1. How often do you typically shower/bathe?

Every night. The hot shower loosens up the knot I've had in my neck since the thyroid surgery, too.

2. Do you prefer showering or taking a bath?

Shower. I don't like to sit in dirty water.

3. What's the longest you've ever gone w/o a shower/bath?

The weekend our pipe burst and we had to shut off the mains. I think it was two days and then Juanita invited us over for a shower. That was nice.

4. What's your favorite personal hygiene product?

Gosh, I just buy what's on sale for most stuff. I guess Ban deodorant.

5. Do you shave your leg and/or beard? If so how often?

I don't shave that often because of the rashes. I get them even in the winter and have never found anything that works on them. I am usually in pain for several days.

Labels: