Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, February 10, 2007
B-U-S-Y Spells Friday
(which explains the post on Saturday)

Went to Trader Joe's today. As my friend Sue put it, it looks like a smaller version of a Whole Foods. Lots of organic stuff, mostly expensive.

However, with the demise of Uncle Ben's rice/noodle bowls, I notice they do have a small collection of mostly-Asian type bowls, including teriyaki and sesame ginger (and at a lot less than the Uncle Ben's bowls used to cost). I also noticed that they sell boneless lamb in little plastic packages ala the boneless chicken thighs at Costco, about two pounds to a package. Last September at the Yellow Daisy Festival, we bought some homemade mint jelly, with bits of spearmint leaves in it. Lamb, mint jelly...Easter dinner?

They seem to have some of the Ritter "Sports" chocolate bars. I didn't see the coffee flavor, which Harry's Farmer's Market used to carry, but they have...ulp...dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts.

Hit Michael's at Merchant's Walk and got a Valentine banner with my coupon.

To Barnes & Noble: New World of Cross-Stitch magazine has a cool gadget: a thread holder with wipe off dry-erase spots to put thread numbers with a magnetic strip for needles on the side. It also has a thread count gauge on the side and tells you what size needle to use with what count fabric.

To Michael's at Town Center: They're remodeling. Looks like a giant ate an entire craft store then threw it back up. Copped a few Valentine decorations, including a very pretty wooden painted heart that says...ugh..."Cutie."

To JoAnn (twice, since I had two sets of coupons). In between I went to Linens'n'Things. I saw something neat in there last summer, but was loathe to buy it due to the price. Lo and behold, neat thing is on discount. I am not mentioning what neat thing is because I bought one for someone who it is totally appropriate for. I think she reads this blog, so I can't mention it.

Came home. Constructed little stands out of half a styrofoam ball for some glittered Valentine hearts on a stick. The little stands didn't come out anywhere near as good as I wanted them. However, I painted "Cutie" out with a nice layer of Apple Barrel Gloss White and when it was dry, repainted it to say "Be My Valentine" with gold heart embellishments.

So tonight after supper I went out on the front porch and swapped about half of the winter decorations, including the wreath on the door adn the banner, for Valentine decorations, plus I put little heart decorations on the two snowmen, on the snowman on the table stand, in the middle of the winter wreath, and on the sled.

Then I took the white bottle brush tree with small red balls on it I bought at a discount after Christmas and strung various heart ornaments (painted wooden hearts, solid plastic hearts, and gingham hearts) on a embroidery thread and wound it around the tree. Viola! (as Snagglepuss used to say): Valentine tree!

Labels: , , , ,