Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, January 22, 2007
You've Got to Be Kidding...Again
$38,000 Kids' Birthday Parties?

I guess this is just to ramp you up for the prom night that costs half that of a wedding and the $100,000 wedding. What an utter waste of money. No wonder other people in the world think Americans are nutcases.

I remember having a blast at my 12th birthday party in our paneled (by dad) basement with some cake and snacks. We had a pillow fight and ruined all of Mom's pillows that she didn't think were good enough for the living room anymore. (She still got upset that we ruined them, too, come to think of it. LOL.)

Labels: