Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 18, 2007
Thursday Threesome

This week's:

Seasonal News:

::No California Oranges This Year!::

Onesome: No California-- drivers allowed! Do you drive and talk on the cell phone? Come on, fess up...

No. I have answered the phone or dialed a call at stop lights if I needed to know something immediately, but it's rare and I hang up as soon as I start moving.

Twosome: Oranges-- and Apples and Pears, oh my! Do you have a favorite fruit?

Well, it used to be nice dark red Bing cherries, but the stores don't allow you to pick them from a bin anymore, so you get stuck with the pale soft ones, too, which taste terrible. Plus even the dark firm ones are not as sweet as they used to be. To get good tasting cherries now, you have to buy Raniers.

I'm increasingly aggravated with my favorite fruits. I love Granny Smith apples, but they're starting to look like they're crossbreeding them with those disgusting "Delicious" apples and they aren't the nice puckery sour they used to be.

I also like peaches when they are still a little green, so they give a nice crisp "snap" when you bite into them.

Threesome: this Year-- I'm going to _______  (go ahead; fill in the blank. No, it's not a resolution <g>!)

Get a decent night's sleep (I hope).

Last week's:

From Winter into Spring

::Strange Little Bud::

Onesome: Strange-- twists and turns on the web? Do you recall how you ended up here at the Back Porch? ...just curious.

There's a web page that just lists memes. I don't have the URL here. I found "Thursday Threesome" and the old "Friday Five" on that.

Twosome: Little-- by little we branch out and bloom. How often do you post per week? Is that more or less than six months ago?

Daily, I hope!

Threesome: Bud-- break time is coming later this year. ...but are the bulbs in your area pushing up through the soil yet?

It's been so warm we've had trees blooming. Of course they're now all getting wet and tonight they'll be frosted over.

Labels: