Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, January 10, 2007
A Special Gift
I found a small package in the mail today.

Even though we had stayed there a month, James and I could not completely clear out my mother's house, and both of us had to get back to work. We left behind curtains, the shadow box (had I known we'd be buying a new house, I probably would have taken it), the sofa, and a bunch of junk in the cellar, and my cousins had the thankless job of cleaning the rest of it up.

In the package was an apron my cousin Deanna had made from the flowered print material of Mom's kitchen curtains.

Makes me want to cry.

Labels: , ,