Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, January 28, 2007
Oh, the Weather Outside is Breezy
Rather an understatement, as it barely hit 40°F today and the wind is blowing from 10-20 mph. Even the big garrison flags on different businesses are snapping and straining at their ropes. Our little flag outside has evidently seen one too many windstorm in the past few weeks; I notice as I look outside that it has several frayed strings on the far and top edges.

I made sure I went out on the deck to refill the bird feeder and put a new suet cake up; the birds will need that energy tonight, as it's supposed to drop to 19. The first fellow who always comes to our feeder these days is a handsome titmouse. I love his big black shoebutton eyes!

I'm not sure what our total bird population is, but we have at least one titmouse, several chickadees, goldfinches (at least three), white-breasted nuthatches (at least two), brown-headed nuthatches (at least four), wrens, mourning doves (lots), sparrows, pygmy woodpeckers, a red-headed woodpecker, and when it gets warmer, bluebirds.

Labels: ,