Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, January 31, 2007
New Visitor to the Feeder
I saw a new bird at the feeder this morning and couldn't identify it: grey with yellow spots near its shoulder and also a big yellow spot between the wings. The "bird guy" in the Atlanta Journal, Charles Seabrook, was talking about a winter feeder visitor called a "yellow rumped warbler" in his column just this Sunday, so I hunted up that section for a photo. It didn't look like our visitor, so I consulted the bird book.

Aha. The photo in the paper was of a male. This was a female.

(Hm. According to a birds website, it may not be a female. This says "winter form". Anyway, this is the bird I saw, whatever sex.)

Interesting: also according to this site those "goldfinches" I've been seeing may be pine warblers. (Well, we do have pines in our yard. LOL!)

Also noticed that our wren is a "Carolina wren."

Labels: