Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Like a Rock
The temperature is dropping fast. We set a record 73°F yesterday; this morning at six it was 48° and now it is 40.

We are appreciating the perks of a modern house. Yesterday I had the fans going in the bedrooms and all the doors open for complete air circulation. There was a breeze coming in the living room windows and I didn't want Pidgie to get a draft, so I didn't put a fan there. James shut the spare bedroom fans off a little after nine and closed up our room with the fans still on. I didn't close the rest of the windows until bedtime (eleven). Nevertheless, the temp at the thermostat was still 71°F and in the living room 76. I turned the heat back on because the temp was supposed to crash during the night.

Nevertheless, when I got up, the heat, set at 67°F, still had not kicked on because it was still 69. I call that good insulation!

Labels: