Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, January 05, 2007
Friday Five

1. Do you have any pets? If so, how many, and what are their names?

We have a 15-pound terrier cross named Willow (after Willow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and a yellow and chartreuse budgerigar named Pigwidgeon ("Pidge") after Ron Weasley's owl in the Harry Potter books.

2. What was your very first pet? Do you remember its name?

My first pet was really a family budgie. He was green and his name was Pretty Boy. I was about two and would crawl around the floor with him; we'd play tag. Until the day he tried to hide under the refrigerator. :-( We also had a blue budgie called Bluebird. He just fell over and died one day.

The first pet I considered actually "mine" was Frisky, the budgie we got when I was ten. He was mostly yellow and also the first bird I had that talked. He used to say "Mommy [referring to my mother], I love you you dirty bird; shut up!" LOL. He also wolf whistled.

3. Is there an animal you would never have as a pet?

Any kind of reptile or amphibian.

4. What common pet have you always wanted but never had? Why not?

Cat. I'm very allergic and so is James. (And I own a bird.)

5. What wild animal (extinct or not) would you own if you didn't have to worry about its adjustment or the cost of captivity?

A chickadee! (Or an English robin; I love them both.)

Labels: ,