Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net
. . . . .
. . . . .
» Monday, December 11, 2006
From last week:
1. I wish people would just be nice to one another .
2. My biggest pet peeve where other drivers are concerned, is those damn cell phones attached to their ears .
Does anyone else think people with those Bluetooth phones look odd? Like the Lobot in Empire Strikes Back?
3. I will probably spend about somewhat more than usual on decorations on holidays this season.
Almost all the gifts were bought during the year, so I don't know.
4. I really hope to get some more sleep! by the end of this calendar year.
5. I make about 0 resolutions each year.
1. What song gives you the most holiday cheer?
Hmn. My favorite Christmas carol is "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen." My favorite Christmas song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
But I think the one that makes me laugh the mostholiday cheer, no?is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Wicked bizarre! (If you can count dialog as a "song," then it's Stan Freberg's "Christmas Dragnet.")
2. Who is the hardest person to shop for on your holiday list?
Depends on the year. Some years I don't see anything for a certain person's interests. So it changes.
3. When do you start your holiday shopping?
December 26! (Seriously, I once bought a Christmas present for someone on December 24 for the following Christmas.)
4. What food or drink do you love when it's cold out? (Recipes and
Chicken soup with rice! For a sweet, gingerbread. (No recipe needed. Just buy a package of Dromedary and add water. Bake. Mnnnn...gingerbread!)
5. What do you do to get rid of a cold or flu?
Suffer through it for a week, get a bacterial infection, then go to the doctor for drugs. <wry grin>