Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, December 11, 2006
Monday Madness

From last week:

1. I wish people would just  be nice to one another .

2. My biggest pet peeve where other drivers are concerned, is  those damn cell phones attached to their ears .

Does anyone else think people with those Bluetooth phones look odd? Like the Lobot in Empire Strikes Back?

3. I will probably spend about  somewhat more than usual on decorations  on holidays this season.

Almost all the gifts were bought during the year, so I don't know.

4. I really hope to  get some more sleep!  by the end of this calendar year.

5. I make about  0  resolutions each year.

This week:

1. What song gives you the most holiday cheer?

Hmn. My favorite Christmas carol is "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen." My favorite Christmas song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

But I think the one that makes me laugh the most—holiday cheer, no?—is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Wicked bizarre! (If you can count dialog as a "song," then it's Stan Freberg's "Christmas Dragnet.")

2. Who is the hardest person to shop for on your holiday list?

Depends on the year. Some years I don't see anything for a certain person's interests. So it changes.

3. When do you start your holiday shopping?

December 26! (Seriously, I once bought a Christmas present for someone on December 24 for the following Christmas.)

4. What food or drink do you love when it's cold out? (Recipes and
recommendations, please!)


Chicken soup with rice! For a sweet, gingerbread. (No recipe needed. Just buy a package of Dromedary and add water. Bake. Mnnnn...gingerbread!)

5. What do you do to get rid of a cold or flu?

Suffer through it for a week, get a bacterial infection, then go to the doctor for drugs. <wry grin>

Labels: