Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, December 10, 2006
Making a Start on the Christmas Tree...
...is part of a very long day in Holiday Harbour. This is a new tree, so we had much work with it. We are planning to get either a tree bag or some cheap sheets and just wrap it up after Christmas and put it into the closet. This is what my dad always did; it went downstairs into "the wine cellar," the small room he built in the corner of the basement where, when I was a little girl, he had a press and made wine, just like his dad. Later we used it as a pantry and a place to keep stuff like the tree and the equipment for Mom to make tomato preserves for "the gravy."

People who know I always name our trees will wonder what this one's name is. The last tree was "Serendipity" because I found it by accident. This tree is "Hope," because we found her last year after having to say goodbye to my mom. We needed some hope then.

Labels: , ,