Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, December 01, 2006
Daylog
• Publix to recycle plastic bags
• Pike Nursery to indulge in heavenly scents from live Christmas trees
• Books-a-Million, where I bought the Christmas issue of Cottage Living; lovely Christmas things; also found a little volume on remainder about Miracle on 34th Street
• Longhorn for lunch—was good and had a sweet potato instead of baked
• Michaels; they're all out of churches for their Christmas villages; did get some "iced" branches to decorate the doll-sized sled I bought at A.C. Moore for the porch
• Walmart (needed oatmeal); found a topper for the mini-tree and also bought myself a snuggly blue bathrobe and the Christmas Birds and Blooms
• Brandsmart, where I discovered the lack of Cyberhome players
• Garden Ridge, where I bought the last church building they had

Came home past downtown Marietta to stop at the Post Awful for Christmas stamps and decided to do something I'd planned to do ever since we moved to Marietta eleven years ago: go on the Marietta Pilgrimage Christmas Home Tour. Each year six historic homes are toured: you learn the history of each house and they are decorated for the season. We can either go tomorrow or Sunday.

Labels: