Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, December 29, 2006
Books and Things
After running around all week, I took it a bit easier today and did a couple of errands, bought wrapping paper for next year (zowee, 75 cents for 100 square foot rolls!) and stopped at the library to see about getting an interlibrary loan (I'm planning to do a web page on The Five Little Peppers books and want to read the other four books that I don't have) before coming home to watch some Christmas movies and specials.

Yesterday I did a bunch of shopping for dinner, did laundry, cleaned the house and gave Willow a bath in the morning. Our guest arrived around 1:30 after a long drive from northern South Carolina and I finished patching some pants after taking him on "the nickel tour." We watched the two first features on the "Your Host, Walt Disney" Disney Treasures set, then I played the Get Smart reunion sequence for him. I think he got a big kick out of it. It's a super bit: 65 minutes recorded about two years before Don Adams died, featuring Don, Barbara Feldon, executive producer Leonard Stern, director Jay Sandrich, and producer Burt Nodella, and Bernie Kopell. Very funny.

I made chicken cacciatore and a salad for supper, which we ate with a side of French bread, and pieces of a little chocolate cake that I got from Harry's. It looked like one of Mrs. Hewison's Christmas cakes in miniature; only 4 inches across. Then we watched Jeopardy and finally crammed in four episodes of Doctor Who, including the heartbreaking season finale.

We saw Rodney off at eight this morning. It was a great visit.

Labels: , ,