Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net
. . . . .
. . . . .
» Monday, November 20, 2006
1. In order to protect my computer from viruses, I use AVG Virus Protection from Grisoft . Which is free at free.grisoft.com. This is recommended by the computer guy who writes for our newspaper. It's so funny because every week he gets a letter saying "I went to 'www.grisoft.com' and I don't see a link for any free software!" and every week he repeats that it's "free.grisoft.com." Of course if you go to the main site they're going to try to sell you the paid version!
2. I also use Ad-Aware for protection from spyware.
Which reminds me I haven't run it in a while.
3. I don't spend nearly enough time sleeping .
4. The first person I usually talk to in the morning is Pidge, even though his cage is still covered .
Oh, you mean a human? Varies. Sometimes I just wave at the security guard and show him my badge, so it could be anyone coming my way as I walk into the office.
5. It takes me about 20 minutes to get ready in the morning.
I take a shower before bed, have my clothes all laid out, don't do anything fancy to my hair but brush it out, wash my face, get my lunch (it's packed the night before by James when he packs his own lunch), check the traffic and the weather and then shut the computer off, and go.
(Okay. This morning it took a little longer because I had to get my coat out of the downstairs closet. It was downright nippy for Georgia this morning, thirty-something with the windchill making it feel like high twenties.
It's the first time I haven't had to put my fan on in my cubicle since last winter.)
6. I keep all my appointments in/on my PDA .
Including the nice alarm that goes off when I have to take my heart pill.
7. It takes me about to fall asleep at night.
Talk about an "it depends." Weekends when we go to bed late and I am actually sleepy, it can be just after my head hits the pillow. Weeknights are bad because I'm just not sleepy at 11 p.m. Even after a nice hot shower and reading for 15 minutes, it sometimes takes me up to a half hour to fall asleep, longer on Sunday nights.