Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, November 17, 2006
Friday Five

Oh Internet, how we crave thee...

1. How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?


A lot, because I have to use the Internet as part of my job. I e-mail all my request for quotations, I have to look vendors up in the excluded vendor list and in the CCR (Central Contractor Registration), I have to look on GSA Advantage to find vendors, etc.

2. What are your favorite 3 websites?

Amazon.com, e-Bay, and Yahoo Groups.

3. Do you eat at your computer?

Yes, at work, and when I'm constructing a new web page.

4. Pick one and why - Reading the news online or in a newspaper?

Er, that's a tossup. I prefer reading the news online, but the newspaper is good because you get all those interesting feature articles that never turn up on news websites.

5. How many people are on your instant messenger buddy list?

Over a dozen, but none of them are really in use anymore. I haven't IM'd anyone in ... wow, it's probably been a year. I IM'd Laura and that was in the old house.

Last week's was about travel; how funny!

1) If you had to move 100 miles or more to the north, east, west, or south, which would you choose, where would you end up, and what's so great about there?

Oh, I always head north. East would be nice because of the ocean, but at this latitude it's too humid by the ocean. Too hot south or west.

2) Do you have a favorite stretch of highway or byway for driving, touring, or wandering?

I'm mighty fond of the route up to Helen, GA. My favorite route of all time was this one point on I-80 in Pennsylvania. I'm not certain where it was, although I can tell you it wasn't as far west as Pittsburgh, where the land starts to get flat. At this point on the freeway, you have nothing but the side of the mountain at your left and trees on your right, and then you round a corner and there is a big beautiful valley in front of you and to your right. Last time I was through there (1978) it was full of lovely farmland. Probably all houses now.

When God was giving out scenery, that part of Pennsylvania got in line twice. :-)

3) Are you happier to start a trip or return home?

Oh, starting it, definitely. I always go into a post trip depression on the way home.

4) Plane, train, automobile, bicycle, or foot?

Flying is nice if you have money, or you're going a long distance in a short time. I like to fly, but the airport is horror city these days. I used to love taking the train to New York. I'd considered the train on several occasions, but it's so expensive.

But I confess my first love is car trips. Loved 'em as a kid and still do. Reminds me of Mom and Dad and summer vacation and Lake George...

5) Do you overplan or underplan your travels? (Assume that "no" is not a valid answer.)

I always overplan what we will need after a day doing things. I don't know why I bring books since we always end up going somewhere where we buy them anyway! This time I brought my cross-stitch and Scrabble Scramble in case time held heavy at night (since the Smithsonian closes at 5:30), but by the time we ate and I updated my blog and looked through new books, I never needed them.

Labels: