Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, November 03, 2006
Friday Five

Music Soothes the Savage Beast
Or so they say...

1) What was the first CD/Record/Album/Artist you ever bought and what format was it in? Vinyl/Cassette/CD/MP3 Download)?


The first album I ever bought for myself was the soundtrack album to the television miniseries QB VII. That was back when the Jordan Marsh at Warwick Mall still sold records/cassettes. (Heck, that was back when Jordan Marsh still existed...) Yes, it was an LP.

2) How do you usually listen to music? (iPod/Walkman/Stereo/Radio)

XM Radio and CDs at home.

3) What is your favorite genre of music and why?

Swing and New Age. I like the spirit and the old-fashioned sound of swing and the sweetness and calmness of New Age.

4) What is your opinion on music video shows and music television?

Haven't watched music television since Weird Al Yankovic premiered his "Jurassic Park" video. Yes, that was 1993. (Actually, I watched MTV after that, but only because they were showing Speed Racer.)

5) Do you usually agree with who the winners of the Grammy Awards are?

Er...Grammy Awards? I've never watched the Grammy Awards. Heck, I haven't watched the Emmy Awards in several years.

Labels: