Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 05, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::Fall Harvest Festival::

Onesome: Fall-- (ing) into "The Decorating Season"? How about it: do you have your Halloween Tree up and decorated yet? ...or maybe just a plastic pumpkin sitting on the table <g>? ...something in between? Inquiring minds and all that...

LOL. Don't do Hallowe'en trees. Even though I bought some extra decorations I'm not that crazy about the holiday yet. I have bought a few spooky things for the porch, plus a cute stuffed cat in a witch hat (beanie baby) and also a ceramic owl in a witch hat, plus a really cool pumpkin which is opaque-painted glass. I don't know what they painted it with, but under lights it darn near glows on its own. I'll put them up when it gets a lot closer to Hallowe'en.

Twosome: Harvest-- time? What crops are grown in your area (call it fifty miles) that are coming out of the fields this Fall?

Darned if I know. Fifty miles is still within the metro area. :-) I haven't seen crops growing since we went to Anderson and then they were so small I didn't know what they were.

Threesome: Festival-- Do you have a County Fair or Harvest Fest happening in Autumn? ...or do you wait until the sap flows?

The North Georgia State Fair was over on October 1. Never did get there. I wanted to see the performing dogs...

Labels: