Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 23, 2006
Sleepy-Time
James starts his new shift today, noon to nine.

As I told people the last time he had a shift like this, I didn't get married not to see my husband.

So what I will do in a few minutes is go to sleep for a couple of hours, which is what I did last time, and then we can stay up later. I'll set Jeopardy to record on timer, take a couple of arthritis-strength Tylenol (because when I got home I went out into the yard and cut down more saplings for a half hour—I got most of them) and go rest my hot-shower-relaxed muscles.

I have a secret weapon this time: the futon in the spare room. It's always been a good sleepy-time friend.

It's gonna be hard tonight, though, since I got my copy of Christmas in New England. I do need to read the book to make certain (and it looks yummy!!!!), but just looking through it and especially the index...how on earth did she manage to write a book about Christmas in New England and not mention Edaville Railroad? It's like writing a book about New York City sites and not mentioning the Chrysler Building.

Labels: ,