Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 30, 2006
Monday Madness

1. From bev:
Small town or big city?


Ideally, a small town near a big city so you can hit the bookstores every few weeks.

2. From turtlemoonwave:
Do you have a favorite childhood memory, and if so, would you share it?


Not one distinct single one, but I remember some great seasonal things: drives to the reservoir when the leaves changed and having my dad chase me around the field (it's the only time I ever saw him play) and playing in the snow. I used to make paths through the backyard with my feet and then gallop around on my "dobby horse" (you know, the stick with the horsehead on it) pretending I was Joey riding Fury (or Ken riding Flicka or Velvet riding King...whatever the horse du jour was).

3. From cat:
How do you calm down when something has really upset and/or angered you? Do you swallow it? Call a friend and rant? Go in the bathroom and cry? Punch a wall? Walk around muttering to yourself, complete with scary hand gestures?


The latter, mostly.

4. From dna princess:
What attratcs (sics) you to memes?


If the subject sounds interesting. And by now it's a habit.

5. From mads:
How reliant are you on computers to get through your day?


Well, let's see, I solicit bids through the computer, have to look up companies to make sure they are registered on the CCR, check GSA Advantage to see if anyone has the product(s) on GSA schedule, look up products to see if anyone sells them, look up vendors to get missing info, etc.

A lot.

6. From tizzie:
In a crisis, are you calm or do you panic?


Depends on the crisis. First time Pidge had a blood feather break I was a wreck. Second time I could cope with it.

Labels: ,