Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 30, 2006
Leaf Peeping and Clothes Washing
We drove to Chattanooga yesterday in a combination ride to see the leaves/visit to A.C. Moore and the game shop at the Hamilton Mall. I was rather disappointed that, although we did see some nice patches of color, it seemed to be uniformly more muted as we went further north. The trees right around my route to work are brighter.

I find it a bit depressing that we can drive all the way to Chattanooga in the same time (or quicker) that it takes me to get home from work on Thursdays. <wry grin>

I bought some new shirts at Moore's to replace the ones now pilled by the old washer. I never thought I'd enjoy appliances so much as I do the front loader washer. Our water bill hovers between $14 and $20 per month, usually more toward the former. The dryer is working out nicely as well; I usually set it for less time, pull out the pants and tops, then reset it to the proper time for that type of load and let it go again. After a few minutes, the timer drops from over 40 minutes to less than fifteen, so the clothes only dry for the amount of time they really needed.

The pedestals are worth the money, too, just not to be bent double loading either machine.

Only drawback: nothing can be stored "loose" on top of the washer. That 900-r.p.m. spinout speed simply shakes everything off.

Labels: ,