Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 05, 2006
It's Columbus Day Weekend and You Know What That Means...
... autumn leaves in Holiday Harbour!

I remember when I was old enough and we finally started venturing away from my aunt and uncle's homes for our vacation, we usually drove up through New Hampshire and into Vermont to go to Queechee Gorge on Columbus Day weekend. Queechee was just a little place "off the beaten path" in those days, with a gift shop and a woolens store. Now the gift shop is huge and the woolen store has been joined by a wine store (there's a local vinyard) and an outlet mall. Tempus fugit and all that...

Labels: ,