Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, October 27, 2006
Drowsy Day
You've heard of "Foul, fetid, fuming, foggy, filthy Philadephia" (from 1776)? Well, this morning was the soggy, soppy, slippery, slithering, soaking South. Some tropical storm remnants have come racing north, bringing bucketfuls of water and later a warm front. It was a delightful combination of pouring rain and pre-Eastern Standard Time darkness this morning. I held on to the steering wheel and prayed.

What it is is a perfect day for sleeping. I haven't had much success sleeping when I get home this week; I think I did go off last night, sleeping on the sofa with all the lights off but one, TV down low in the background and Pidge chirbling gently in the background. I can't imagine why it's so hard since my eyes itch and burn all through the drive home and I'm usually drowsy by the time I get in.

Maybe it's going in the yard and "chopping down" all those saplings, although I thought that would just make me more tired! :-) Well, I have all the saplings. It could be that I'm doing too much when I get home. I've been walking Miss Wil (necessary) and getting changed (also necessary), then having some nuts and milk (so the hunger pangs don't keep me awake) and reading e-mail. Maybe I should warm the milk and eat the nuts and skip the e-mail until later.

It's so quiet here and warm and rainy outside that if I had a pillow I could go right off.

Maybe I'll come home through the park tonight; it's so rainy only the most dedicated of the joggers and none of the stay-at-home moms and kids will be out...

Labels: