Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Yesterday...
I wanted to write something, but couldn't. It stayed bottled up while I played my new CD as poor consolation. Sunday night we started to watch an overview of the events of September 11 but after a few minutes of watching the World Trade Center towers stand tall and pristine in the sunlight I had to change the channel.

Funny because I always considered the WTC as ugly as sin and rather resented the attention it drew away from the Empire State Building. I suppose had the terrorists managed to hit when there was no one in the buildings (but that would have been an impossibility since there's a nighttime cleaning crew) or in the surrounding area, and no one was killed, I would have been angry at the destruction but not really cared about the buildings. It's only steel and concrete, not bodies and souls.

Thinking about the people inside the different buildings is bad enough, but what always makes me tremble is the thought of those people in the aircraft, knowing they are hurtling toward death and powerless to stop it. It has kept me awake many a night.

The thermometer says it's 78°F but I'm cold...

Labels: