Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, September 07, 2006
Thursday Threesome

Just askin':

::How High is Up?::

Onesome: How-- many Apples in your orchard? Didn't we just ask this one? Are you a Mac-o-phile, a Windows user, or one of those penguin people (Linux users)?

No, we keep the Apples in our kitchen and dining room. :-) I've had many people tell me that Macs are swell, especially a friend who does video editing. I hear they're super for that type of thing. And I suppose there is WordPerfect for the Mac (if not, I wouldn't own one). But they're expensive, I'm not doing video editing, and this one does what I want at least most of the time. (And it runs WordPerfect. What could be better? ::wink::)

Twosome: High is-- what in height for your family? Are you a tall group? ...a short stack? ...or a mixed lot?

Neither of my parents were tall: Mom was 5'2" before the rheumatoid arthritis got to her and Dad was 5'8". Most Italians from the old country didn't run tall, so none of my grandparents were tall, or my aunts and uncles from either side.

Threesome: Up-- ...and down and all around: Labor Day marked the end of Summer for those of us in the US (regardless of how the plants felt what with the temperatures out West and hurricanes in the East). How about you: what signals the change of seasons this time of year for you?

The leaves are starting to change. The dogwoods always go first, and most of them now have that subtle red tint on at least a dozen of their leaves; I've actually seen several with large patches of slight color. Several of the weeds growing under the trees in our yard also have scarlet edges or patches. Also, the oaks near the building I work in are dropping their acorns.

Labels: