Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Monday Madness

1. Which holidays (if any) do you consider more as a day off from work, than anything else?

They're all important, in their own way, but I'd say Columbus Day and Labor Day and Presidents' Day.

2. Which 3 holidays are most celebrated in your family?

Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Independence Day. Also Twelfth Night since we have an annual party.

3. Do you have an organized filing system at home?

Er, for what? We do have important papers in an expanding file folder with a pocket for different subjects (the house, the warranty, material on last year's car accident, etc.) I keep the bills in a little holder on my desk and they get tossed when the bank says the payment has cleared.

4. Do you clip coupons for groceries? If so, do you remember to use them? If not, why?

Yes. Used to put them in categories like the coupon holders have them, but forgot to use them. Now I sort them by expiration date and we go to the store by the end of the month and use them.

5. How many magazines do you subscribe to?

One: Reminisce.

6. Do you play any computer games on a regular basis? If so, which is your favorite, and why?

I have several on the computer, including something called "The Last Express" which I've never played; it's one of those first-person player things. What I usually end up playing most is an old game called "Jumpman." 2D. Very primitive. Still fun.

7. Have you watched any movies worth recommending, lately?

Er, no, but there are several documentaries I could recommend. History Channel's Violent Earth: Killer Hurrican about 1938 was quite good.

Labels: