Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 12, 2006
"How May I Help You...Help You...Help You..."
I had a unique experience last night: I interacted with an automated voice.

Had a message on the machine to call up Kaiser Permanente at a number I hadn't used before. When I called I thought I'd get a message saying to call back during business hours. Instead I spoke with an automated voice, which responded to my answers, discussing the importance of mammograms. (The concept is a bit bizarre: talking to an automated "woman" about living flesh.)

I did find it ironic that Kaiser is all tech-y with this new electronic concept while they do not have my last mammogram on record: the voice told me rather chidingly (how they manage that?) that according to their records I had my last one "quite a while ago." Er, it was August 11, exactly a month ago. And I already received a letter saying everything was fine. This one rates a big fat "Duh!", guys.

Labels: