Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 19, 2006
A Hairless Tale
I hadn't mentioned the funny thing that happened yesterday as I walked into the building. There's a trash can out there, one of those square ones with a flat top that has an opening on all four sides to toss the trash into.

On the side facing me as I walked up, there was a long hairless tail dangling from the opening. For a moment I thought it was a big rat, then noticed that the fur above the tail was rather pale for a rat. So I tiptoed past the receptacle, then tilted my head down to look into the opening on the opposite side.

Sure enough, there was an opossum blinking back at me!

They had Animal Control come pick up the guy (I'm surprised we haven't seen more of them, since the Koger office park borders on a wetlands and you often can hear geese honking in the early morning) before lunchtime, but I can't forget that funny, fuzzy face staring out at me.

In the meantime I got fed up with looking at those Damn Flowers that have been up all summer in my cubicle and replaced them with fall decorations. Now everything is yellow, orange and red leaves with a peep of green and pinecones.

C'mon cold front!

Labels: ,