Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, September 22, 2006
Friday Five

# Given a choice, and imagining that money and time were no object, would you rather cook dinner, eat out or order in?

Oh, man, I'm goin' out: Olive Garden, Longhorn, Red Lobster...

# What is the most elaborate meal you've ever prepared yourself or purchased at a restaurant?

Me? Prepare? Myself? [collapses in hysterical laughter] As for purchased, I don't even remember.

# What food do you find yourself making and/or eating way too much?

Chicken soup with rice. I just like it. Sometimes I eat it twice a week.

Some time ago I would have said Rice'a'Roni. I used to go through these carb-freak things when I lived alone and once ate an entire box of fried rice Rice'a'Roni on my own.

# What was your most disastrous cooking/eating out experience?

That would probably be the time James and I went to Lettuce Souprise You at Cumberland Mall (it's not there anymore for a reason) and then he went home (he was still living in Warner Robins at the time) and the next day we got the most horrendous food poisoning ever: severe cramps, the usual bowel distress, vomiting, the works.

# Would you rather cook for someone else or have them cook for you?

Honey, I hate to cook. Baking cookies at Christmas is okay, but cooking...barf. I was way skinnier when I lived on my own because all I ate was canned vegetable soup and chicken broth with rice and a frozen dinner every laundry Thursday.

Labels: