Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, September 29, 2006
Friday Five

1) What TV show(s) do you find yourself watching the most?

The show we watch the most is Jeopardy! since it's on every night. :-) Also House, Monk, History Detectives, Mythbusters, the various animal cops shows on Animal Planet (Animal Precinct has been new all this week, so we've made a point to watch), and occasionally Meerkat Manor. And Doctor Who starts up again tonight on Sci-Fi! Squeeeee!

2) What, if any, TV shows do you own on DVD?

You want me to name them all????? I'll try to get most of them: House, first two seasons of Monk, M*A*S*H (all that's out except for tenth season), first three seasons of Hogan's Heroes, whatever Lassie episodes Classic Media has seen fit to dole out to us, Littlest Hobo, Babylon 5 and Crusade, the first three seasons of All Creatures Great and Small, all of The Good Life (Good Neighbors), Alistair Cooke's America, the four eps of Fury that are in release, some George Burns and Gracie Allen episodes, Reilly: Ace of Spies, what's out of Wild Wild West, Sledge Hammer, Flambards, Kolchack, one volume of Wild Kingdom...there are several more but I can't remember them all now.

3) Can you name your favorite TV show theme song (I would encourage you to make a phone post and sing it to us)?

Nooooo, I don't think I'll sing it. I don't know if I have a "favorite" TV theme song. I can sing most of the old ones, though, including the theme to My Mother the Car.

4) Have you ever been on TV and if so for what?

Yep. James and I (and most of our friends) could be seen behind George Wearn and the other former employees at WGTV helping out with fundraising back when Georgia Public Television showed Doctor Who. I also was asked, way back when on the night it opened, what I thought of the Dick Tracy movie and it was on the news.

5) What is your favorite YouTube video (feel free to post a link)?

Gosh, I haven't seen many YouTubes...I guess it's the clip of Dana Hersey from We Don't Knock. (I wish I'd had my mom tape those for me, but she was already nice enough to record Ask the Manager for me every week...)

Labels: