Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, September 24, 2006
All Systems Go
We moved the television today and corrected all the problems. When the Dish guy came to install our HD receiver and satellite dish, he had to use one of our two component video connections for it. Component 1 is the DVD recorder/VHS and now Component 2 is HD. We had our inexpensive little Cyberhome, hacked for Region 2 on 2, so he disconnected it. We switched it back to S-Video and then set it up to work on the Video 1 option. We also switched over the cable on the DVD/VHS combo because we could only see the DVD output. Now I can watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and The House Without a Christmas Tree (not to mention Ford Family Christmas and all the other things I don't have on DVD) again. And with the Cyberhome going again, I can finally watch all of my America set.

James also set the surround-sound speakers where they are supposed to be, around the room rather than bunched up near the television, and I hung up the great Harry Potter "Hogwarts, Year 3" poster I bought several years ago. I liked this one because it didn't make any references to the movies, although it used the movie actors; it's all in oranges and blacks and browns, which match the autumn theme.

Something's still a bit "off"—any time there is a low bass it sounds weird. I must have messed up one of the settings on the surround-sound receiver But it pretty much works.

We celebrated by watching three episodes of The Good Life (a.k.a. Good Neighbors) and then part one of From the Earth to the Moon.

And had pumpkin bread for dessert as well!

Labels: , ,