Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Tuesday Twosome

1. Do you check your email once a day or more? Explain:

Yes, if I have a chance. Since I run a Lassie mailing list and belong to several Christmas mailing lists, I like to read what's sent.

2. When you receive SPAM emails, do you just delete them or take the time to mark it as SPAM? Explain:

I just delete them. Not worth my time.

3. When a friend/acquaintance emails you a "forward" email like a joke or chain letter, do you forward it to your friends or just delete it? Explain:

No, not most of the time. Usually I have seen all the photos. Occasionally I will do those "getting to know you" e-mails and once I forwarded something with cute kittens and puppies to one friend who I knew would like it. I don't forward anything that says you have to forward it or it's bad luck. It's like the old chain letters that people use to get and which the post office finally made illegal. Someone I know was very upset recently by one of those things.

I do wish when people sent us forwards that they would use the blind cc feature. The e-mail we give to family and friends is solely for family and friends and neither of us like it being sent out to people we don't know. I once had a stranger sending me tons of junk e-mail after they received our e-mail address as part of one of these forwarded letters.

4. Who are two people you look forward to their emails? Explain:

That would be violating their privacy. :-)

5. Do you believe that email has completely replaced other forms of communication?

Nope, although I have to admit it's a lot harder to send a letter these days. There aren't as many mailboxes as there used to be and I usually trust them so little that I go to the post awful anyway. This started when I had mail go astray over 20 years ago and I've never gotten over the habit. Besides, most of my relatives don't even have e-mail or if they do, don't read it that often.