Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 24, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::Name that Tune::

Onesome: Name-- Ah, what about names? How did your blog name come to be? Is there a story there?

Er, there is, but it's not very exciting. I've been keeping a diary/journal since I was eleven years old and someone gave me a diary for Christmas. (I find most of my old diaries have me complaining about school and noting what I watched on television or in the movies, but I figure that's about normal. <g>) So the blog was simply "Yet Another Journal."

Twosome: that-- and this. We've all thought about a change of locations from time to time: is there any place you'd like to try living for a while? (You can go back home when you're done with the tryout <g>.)

How about someplace in Alaska? That sounds cool (and I've always wanted to see Alaska).

Threesome: Tune-- us into what you're listening to lately. ...anything on your radar we should be aware of?

Actually, what I'm listening to is my XM radio and I love it; I'm glad I switched from Sirius. My favorite channel is "Escape," which seems to have traded the playlist with the "Sunny" channel I was enamoured of originally. "Sunny" originally played the "beautiful music" and "Escape" had "easy listening" stuff with which I was only marginally interested (Enya, Peabo Bryson, Celine Dion, that sort of thing). Then "Sunny" became a commercial channel and now "Escape" plays the beautiful music. It's not all instrumental—we get Tony Bennett, John Denver, Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow and occasionally Chet Atkins as well. The announcer even sounds a little like the announcer on the "beautiful music" channel when I was young, WLKW in Providence. And of course there's the OTR station. I've come to look forward to Dragnet and Gunsmoke, which is usually more about the choices one has to make in life than gunplay. The radio "Doc" sure is a lot different from Milburn Stone's kindly medico on the television version: this one seems steeped in the wine of the grape and the barleycorn, if y'know what I mean. :-)