Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, August 27, 2006
Seeing Things
But that's good.

I've done the other expensive thing for the month—the first being the purchase of the two new front tires—and have had my eye exam and ordered new glasses. I had a Sears coupon but it never turns out that cheap because my prescription is such that if I ordered the $99 glasses they would be thick and heavy. My nose is already having trouble with the weight of my glasses; it's an old relic from when I broke my nose back in 1980 by falling face-first on the concrete floor at work. These will be premium ultralight lenses, again with the progressive bifocals. I am, with misgivings, also having the anti-glare coating put on the lenses and am hoping it has improved. I had the anti-glare coating many years ago and it was terrific as far as glare was concerned, but the coating made the glasses extremely sensitive to scratches. I dutifully cut up one of James' old t-shirts and kept a square with me and only washed my glasses with water or Windex, but they began to scratch after a month.

The trip was also pricey because I've been having trouble with my eyes due to the fluorescent lights at work, so have decided to get sunglasses for the ride home and for driving in the sun in general. I have no idea how it happens, but no matter which route I take driving home or to work, the sun is always in my eyes.

I asked if the sunglass lenses could be put into my old frames, but it would have been $100 more to do so, and these were frames I bought at Sears. So I will just put the present ones away for spares. I remember the trouble I had a few years back when my glass frames broke and it took me a week to get new ones.

My right eye is still the weak eye, which I can definitely tell at night after working all day; it aches and itches.

Oh, well, that's nearly $500 more dollars toward book points at Borders... [sigh]