Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, August 12, 2006
McFarland Fever
Well it is three weeks until DragonCon, after all. I hope the McFarland people bring this one:

Fan Fiction and Fan Communities in the Age of the Internet

Of course, many of these look yummy, too.

This children's literature publication looks fascinating, but I'm not sure it will turn up at DragonCon (you want to get them at DragonCon because they offer a discount).

This is the new edition of The Christmas Encyclopedia that I bought two years ago. Still very tempting. There's also a book about the different adaptations of A Christmas Carol. I got The Halloween Encyclopedia last year, and James got me the two-volume encyclopedia of television cartoon shows. I also have John Kenneth Muir's volumes on Doctor Who and Blake's 7, and of course their book about St. Nicholas magazine.

Hm. Wonder if He and She, My World and Welcome to It and Ellery Queen are covered in this volume about short-lived television programs? (Of course it will include such luminaries as Me and the Chimp, The Ugliest Girl in Town, and My Mother the Car, too.)