Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, August 25, 2006
Lights Leaves at the End of the Tunnel
So I walked into the Barrett Parkway Barnes & Noble this morning through the Starbucks door and casually glanced in the display case.

O frabjous day! Pumpkin bread is back! I bought two slices for dessert.

On the way to B&N I passed the dogwood tree on Sandtown Road which is always one of the first trees to start changing color and it has about a dozen leaves already shading to red. Hurray! So there is a light at the end of the long muggy fetid tunnel that is summer.

Other goodies: Hugh Laurie is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. (Well, of course I bought it.) I also got the House season 2 set. Trust me: check out the "Valley Girl Version" scenes. There hasn't been a sitcom on this season as funny.

Also found an anniversary or Christmas gift for James. Already have his birthday gift, an autographed copy of John Ringo's new book. When we went into the Hamilton Place Mall last weekend, Ringo and the book's co-author Travis Taylor were sitting outside Waldenbooks having an autograph session.

Gas was 2.629 at Costco. Yay.