Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Tuesday Twosome

1. What are two ways you find relief from the summer heat? Explain:

Air conditioning and air conditioning (and the fan under my desk at work). (Actually, it's only 79°F at my desk today, somewhat lower than it's been.)

2. Is it generally warmer or cooler where you live this summer? Explain:

Well, it's Georgia. It's hot. Nothing much I can do about it but retreat under the A/C, since this is where my job is. Judging from the weather reports, it's bad everywhere. My dream home location used to be New Hampshire. Now I think I want to be "a sourdough" like Dr. Dutton in The Andromeda Strain. :-)

3. On a hot summer day, would you rather go to the pool or to the mall (air-conditioned)? Explain:

I'd rather sit in the spare room where it's cool and use the exercise bike and watch DVDs, or sit on the futon and read a book (or take a nap, since it's cool). Of the two, the mall is preferable; not as much work getting ready and there are fewer people. (And no kids splashing water at you.)

4. If you could be on vacation this week, would part of your decision-making be based on the weather? Explain:

Yes. Like I wouldn't go on vacation at this time of the year if I didn't have to.

5. Name two cities you believe have the best weather and two cities with the worst weather year-round:

Well, San Francisco's nice, despite the fog. Unfortunately even Boston's too hot at this time of year. The worst? Anything in Florida...oh, yeah, and the Southwest.