Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Tuesday Twosome

1. Do you avoid watching TV or reading fashion magazines because they make you feel unattractive? If so, why do you feel this way?

Good heavens, I don't need to watch TV to know I'm fat and frumpy! Boy, that would be denial, wouldn't it? My complaint with the standard of "beauty" these days is that models used to be slim and happy. Now they are bony and sullen. I mean, I know they make them wear the ugliest stuff ever created as they stalk down that runway, but do you have to scowl about it, too?

Fashion magazines. You mean like "Vogue" and all that? Boring. Would rather read "American History" or "Early American Life."

2. Name two people that you know love you for just being you and nothing else:

James. And my godmother, I hope!

3. Name two people whose inner beauty outshines their outer beauty:

Er, just two? All those folks that help in disasters, or volunteer, or are nurses or firemen or policemen. They outshine "Brangenlina" any day.

4. Name two people you have prejudged wrongly before getting to know them:

Er. I don't know anyone like that.

5. Name two people that have greatly positively influenced your life:

My mother and my father, of course.