Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, July 08, 2006
Thursday Threesome (late because I just haven't had the time)

Sarah's doing inventory tonight:

::Counting Pots and Pans::

Onesome: Counting-- Do you ever have to do any form of inventory work? ...and you think what sorts of thoughts about it? Students, you aren't out of this one: what about book returns and such?

Not now, but when I worked at Trifari (jewelry factory) I was in the shipping room and we helped do inventory twice a year. Each person was assigned a bin. A bin held 48 wooden trays. If you were lucky you got bangle bracelets or earrings or something else bulky/on a plastic card. Even with earrings they usually couldn't fit more than 700 to a tray. If you were unlucky you got chain necklaces, or even worse, chain bracelets. There could be up to 10,000 chain bracelets on a tray. When you finished a bin a spotter would come behind you and count three random trays. If all three were wrong you had to count the entire bin again.

Thank God I never had to recount a bin. I used to have to watch myself counting because I had a bad habit of skipping from 69 to 80 or from 79 to 90. Numbers and I didn't get along.

This gave me a new appreciation for religion: I now know what Hell is like; it's eternal Inventory. And your spotter always finds three incorrect trays...

Twosome: Pots-- Do you/have you ever done any outdoor or camping cookery? How did it go? ...any tips for the gang?

Outdoor? Camping? Me? I might have been a camping fan and less wary of bugs had I been allowed to go camping as a child. That's where we pick up most of our habits. But I had allergies and wasn't allowed to go to camp.

Threesome: and Pans-- What one pan could you simply not do without in the kitchen. Mark can maybe slide on this one, but I'm betting his deadpan humor will come up with something...

Pans? Cooking? :-) James does the cooking. James?

"My 12-inch nonstick fry pan."

There you have it.