Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, July 13, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::Entertainment: Music and Movies::

Onesome: Entertainment- What's your chosen form of entertainment in your time off? Do you go to the movies, a concert or just sit and read or indulge in your hobbies?

Reading with some music on. I did that yesterday, although I have to admit the reading was online! After that, watching DVDs and cross-stitching.

Twosome: Music- What's your choice for musical entertainment? Classical, rock, pop, hip hop, a little bit of everything or something completely different? Do you have a favorite band/singer? If you could see anyone, alive or dead, perform live, who would it be?

The real answer is: Christmas music (the non-rock kind). I was listening to some instrumental Christmas music yesterday to cheer me up. July 22 is fast approaching and I'm feeling rather down. ::sigh::

Anyway, non-Christmas I like Big Band and certain New Age. My favorite singers are Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Rupert Holmes. And if I could see anyone, alive or dead, it would be Perry Como doing a Christmas concert. I miss his annual Christmas shows from different places in the world.

Threesome: and Movies- What's on your "must see" list right now? Do you actually go out to the movies or prefer to wait for the DVD?

Movies? What are movies? Oh, yeah, we saw Narnia last year. Most of the time we prefer to wait for the DVD. Lassie is coming out in September; maybe I'll take in a matinee. Or not. The British DVD is already out. Everybody's rushing to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean, but I wasn't that crazy about the first; not sure what James thought. SFX were good. Never been much for pirate movies and not much of a Johnny Depp fan. We have the DVD...maybe I ought to watch it over.

Rather watch the rest of Wild Wild West or Hogan's Heroes, though.