Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 10, 2006
Monday Madness

1. What is your favorite framed object in your house?

The autumn road print that is over our fireplace. I could wish the trees were brighter, but it's mighty pretty just the same. (It's a country lane curving away from the viewer's POV, surrounded by trees heavy with autumn leaves. In the background you can see a river.)

2. If you had a choice of being a carnivore or a herbivore, which one would you be, and why?

I loathe most vegetables, so I guess carnivore, but they have to hunt constantly to get food and sometimes go hungry. I've actually thought I'd love to be a horse because I always liked to run and it would be incredible to be able to gallop like the wind. So maybe a herbivore so I could be a wild horse.

3. Who do you think should have won the FIFA World Cup? Or, don't you care?

Don't watch team sports, although if I had to watch, soccer wouldn't be bad. Actually, I think a game of Quidditch would be really fun; pity it only exists in books!

4. What's your feelings on stormy weather?

I don't mind, although in the winter, days upon days of wet cold rain is pretty much a drag. I prefer snow. Incidentally, we haven't had all that much rain here, but there are mushrooms growing on our front lawn!

5. Do you believe in "time out" chairs?

I think time outs are definitely worth it in certain circumstances. It should be somewhere where a kid is bored. If you send them to their rooms they have all these gadgets; how is that a punishment?

6. Have you ever bought or sold anything on Ebay?

Never sold, bought lots. Most of my bound copies of St. Nicholas are from e-Bay and there's about 100 of those, plus there's Fireworks for Windy Foot and several other books.