Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 31, 2006
"Every Dream is a Wish"
I always hear Allan Arbus' voice when I think of that line, from the M*A*S*H episode "Dear Sigmund."

I had a troubling, uncomfortable dream early this morning. I had just arrived at my mother's house and was prattling on to her and said something like "I packed so quickly I didn't even take a stuffed animal to sleep with." (Which was a weird line anyway since James was there, although he didn't say a word.) I then added, "Where's your Scotty? Oh, wait a minute--I brought it home when-" referring to the little stuffed Scotty dog we had brought my mom a few years back from the gift shop at the Boston Museum of Science. It was then I started stumbling over my words because I realized it was a dream and the finish to "I brought it home when-" would have been "...you died"; the Scotty is sitting on top of the television in the guest room. Thoroughly creepy.

Then my Dad entered the room and I started burbling on asking how he was and what he'd been doing. His reply was very cryptic.

Then the scene switched and there was an entire sequence with a friend and the friend's spouse which seemed to indicate some infidelity was going on in plain view of said spouse. I excused myself to check up on "a guest," actually another friend of ours in Oklahoma whom we have only talked to online. The rest of whatever house we were in was plain, but this guest room our friend was in was really done up in hideous style like one of those French salons from the 1800s with lots of dark green curliques and gilding on everything including a chandelier smack in the middle of the bedroom.

About then James woke me up asking if I wasn't going to work, since I had slept right through my alarm.

I'm still trying to puzzle out what it all meant, and the sight of Mom and Dad but knowing they weren't really there has made me slightly melancholy...