Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Tuesday Twosome

1. Recall two good high school memories: Explain:

Do I have to talk about high school? It was pretty boring. I had a much better time in Junior High, and the school library was better, too! There was Mr. Abosamra's English class and Mr. Dwyer's English class (Mrs. Cooney's English class wasn't too bad; we read Johnny Tremain, which I already loved and did a nifty "project" on it where I got to draw Johnny on his horse Goblin) and Mrs. Schultz's art class and art activity class, and Miss Lichtman's (I think it was Lichtman) creative writing class and the ice cream bars in the cafeteria. High School didn't have anything near as good. We did do a story magazine in Mrs. Peskin's English class (my contribution was a mystery story about a private detective and his family and their part-collie dog; Mrs. Peskin told me it reminded her of McMillan and Wife, which was one of my favorite programs—that may have been intentional <g>, since Matt Brandenberg was based on David Wayne and the victim of the crime was based on Jack Albertson, both who appeared in many of the NBC Mystery Movie stories) and Miss Lorenzo's English class was terrific. I also enjoyed Mrs. Geller's study hall. And we did ceramics in art class.

2. Name two books that changed your life: Explain:

I don't know if any books ever "changed my life." Now there were television shows that turned me on to more books (yes, that was possible...LOL). I wouldn't have read The Prisoner of Zenda if it wasn't for Get Smart, or been turned on to James Thurber if it hadn't been for My World and Welcome to It. Eleanor and Franklin started me reading biographies about the Roosevelts (both sides of the family), The Waltons led me to Earl Hamner's books, etc.

3. List two of the most important things in any relationship: Explain:

Sharing and honesty. (Boy, that sounds cliche.) The best recommendation poor me can make on relationships is find someone who shares some of your interests. Don't go with him/her because of the way they look.

4. What are two ways you've changed in the last two years: Explain:

LOL. I walk a lot slower. My knees hurt. Seriously, I think I'm sadder. I miss my mom a lot. Feel lonely in a place James just can't fill.

5. List two things you really like about yourself: Explain:

Man, that's always been a problem. Never liked the way I looked—the funny humpy nose, the TFH, being so short, skin always breaking out. I'm afraid of too many things and it just gets worse the older I get. I'm moody and I "waffle" too much. I get headachy in the sun and woozy under fluorescents and can't rejoice about summer like everyone else and sometimes it seems there's nothing I can eat that won't give me indigestion.

I do have a good sense of humor. That's something, I guess.