Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 08, 2006
Thursday Threesome

Since we're now in June and fully into wedding season...

Love and Marriage

Love- Tell us about your first love/crush. No, you don't have to name names, but why that person? ;)

Oh, that was Donald. His parents used to bowl with my parents in a league; this was when I was about twelve or thirteen. There were three of us hanging around while our parents bowled; the other girl was Jeannie, who was a little older than me, as was Donald. Her parents were my parents' first team partners. We used to sit at the tables in back of the lanes and talk and goof off. Sometimes Jeannie had her homework; she went to Catholic school and had tons of it, but they learned interesting things like anatomy. Sometimes we bowled if there was a lane available. If I didn't get more than two or three pins down after three balls (this was duckpins, not "big balls"), Don would let me have another try. He had dark curly hair and I thought he was quite cute.

and Marriage- Are you married or in a serious relationship? For how long? If not, do you want to get married or be in a serious relationship someday, or are you happy with your single status?

Yep, 15 1/2 years now.

And I was the one who wasn't going to be married, but have an apartment in Boston and write books.

Go together like a horse and carriage- What's the most romantic thing you've done, had someone do for you, or have seen done?

Gosh, we're not much for the romancy things you see in the films or television. I'm allergic to fresh flowers and I'm not much on jewelry (having two parents who worked in jewelry shops [factories] and then having worked in one yourself will do that to you). Diamonds are overpriced and not all that attractive to me; I prefer fire opals or sapphires. I remember we once sat and cuddled while we watched Always; that was pretty nice. (Since I usually have a book or a puzzle book or some cross-stitch in my hands when I watch TV, it was very atypical, too!) Little things like going outside and watching the stars, or singing along with Petula Clark's "My Love," stuff like that.

James did get down on one knee when he proposed. That was really sweet.