Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 01, 2006
Thursday Threesome

::Gone Fishin'!::

Onesome: Gone-- "Gone with the Wind"? Do you have a new "must see" movie for this Summer?

There are "must see" movies anymore? Um, nope, not a one. The British remake of Lassie Come Home, Lassie, doesn't open until September.

(Unless Sam Neill or Hugh Laurie or Jerry Doyle have a movie out there that I don't know about...)

I have a lot of must-read books, though: Dead Beat, the newest Anne Perry (on hold at the library), the newest Elizabeth Peters Amelia Peabody (on reserve at the library), and Victoria Thompson's latest Gaslight mystery (due out next week). (The latest Melanie Travis mystery in paperback and the new "Ghost and Mrs. MacLure" aren't due out until September.)

Probably should check out the copy of the Fair Tax book James bought, too, and I have yet to finish the Collier books.

Twosome: Fish-- Do you fish? What, where (and who cleans <g> )?

Uggggh. I hate fish (the kind with the fins and tails, anyway; I love shellfish) and I'm afraid of worms. Smelly, nasty things (the fish, that is). I'd rather let them swim free.

Threesome: in'-- coming! Do you have any Summer visitors headed your way? ...or are you the one(s) doing the traveling?

Not that I know of, unless Shari gets her car in working order and wants to stay in our spare room sometime.