Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, June 05, 2006
Monday Madness

1. I have broken two bones in my lifetime.

This depends on who you ask. In 1980 I fell face-first on the concrete floor at work (my right knee locked up). I went to the emergency room and had stitches on my nose, but they said my nose was okay and nothing was broken. However, the right side of my nose has been uneven from that time, I have a narrowed nasal passage and it hurts when it rains. Sometime in the late 1980s I was trying to learn to roller skate and kept falling, catching myself on my hands. Both my elbows and lower arm and hands swelled up so badly I had to go to the emergency room. The doctors there told me my left elbow had a slight fracture. But the doctor they send me to after that said I didn't.

2. I have had to get three stitches.

In my nose.

3. The worst I've ever injured myself was when I tore the ligaments in my right foot .

4. I've had to go to the Emergency room five times.

I think it's five. My nose, my skating accident, the latest car accident, my tachycardia, and one time when I was two years old and fell out the car window onto the driveway (the car was parked at the time). My mom may have taken me to the emergency room the time I had bronchitis one of the times I was visiting for Christmas, but I remember it being a "doc in the box."

The car incident was the only time I went to the emergency room as a child. I never had earaches and the other times I was that badly sick the doctor came to the house. (Hey! Remember house calls?)

5. On a scale of 1 (being the highest) to 10 (being the lowest), my pain tolerance is a er, dunno .

I never was able to cope with my cramps well, but they were pretty bad. My after-surgery pain wasn't as bad as my cramps (and half that pain was due to my back aching from those dreadful hospital mattresses), nor was the cancer biopsy. Nothing's ever been as bad as the cramps, unless it was the pain I had the first time I had ovarian cysts.